still capable of eating, at least.
I am only mentally and physically capable of writing this post in bullet points, tonight. Lack of sleep, a few tantrums, food being thrown around, the refusal to do anything but play in the car park with other people’s parked cars……
- Teething toddlers are hard work. I don’t know how people cope with more than one…. I salute those of you that do. He’s lucky he’s so cute.
- Cannot stop eating this stuff. Misty bought me a jar for Mother’s Day, and I ate the whole thing in 5 minutes with a fork. I currently have a batch of my own fermenting. Delish.
- I tried making one of those chocolate-avocado pudding numbers ages ago… it was disgusting and I didn’t understand what the hoo ha was all about. I tried again this past weekend as avocados are ridiculously cheap and there’s only so much guacamole one girl can eat (a lot). I think you need the right avocados at the right stage of ripeness to succeed with an avocado based pudding. I used the Hass variety, and I must say it is rather Yummo… really smooth, creamy and seemingly decadent but actually ridiculously good for you. I used it as a “butter cream” type thing on top of one of my sweet flat breads. And yes, those extra sprinkles on top is MORE sea salt. I know, I know I have issues. Awesome.
Raw Cacao and Avocado Pudding:
(Vegan, nut, seed, corn, soy, grain, refined sugar free and RAW) A great baby food/dessert for toddlers.
- 1 large avocado
- 2/3C pitted medjool dates soaked in 1/2C water (prunes would work here too)… use the soaking water in the recipe too.
- 1/4t sea salt
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- 2T raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1t raw lucuma powder (optional)
- 1t lime juice
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor/magic bullet/high speed blender until silky and smooth.
- Store in the fridge.
- Misty refuses to eat anything solid…..
Misty enjoyed this as a smoothie – I simply blended 1/3C of the pudding mix with 1+ 1/2c raw milk… he loved it. Thick and chocolatey.
- This may be the most delicious smelling version of my Naturally Awesome Multi Purpose Spray ever… we have a passion fruit vine that is dropping fruit everywhere. Misty enjoys throwing them at Boosty. I can’t say I love eating passion fruit… yes the pulp is delicious but those pesky seeds do my head in. Ick.
- 3 fresh passion fruit
- 1 lemon
- Cover with pure distilled white vinegar
Mix everything together in a jar and let the vinegar infuse for 1-2 weeks. Then add:
- 15 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 10 drops lemon oil
- 1C fresh vinegar
- 1C water (boiled and cooled)
I’m really excited about sleeping.