overnight oat-cake/smashing strawberries on a sunday
This is what I’ve been reduced to. Pounding away like some kind of freak. My food processor is involved in “3-4 weeks of testing, replacing and re shipping.” 3-4 weeks? Do you know how often I use this machine? 3-4 weeks without one?
There’s more to life than food processors (thank goodness, it would be a rather boring existence otherwise).
Make up the following recipe the night before…it’s a similar idea to this recipe, but it’s always nice to wake up to sweet strawberries.
Overnight RAW Strawberry Oat-Cake:
(Vegan, RAW, gluten free if you use certified oats, wheat/refined sugar free)
Makes 3 large (individual size) cup cakes.
- 2/3C oats
- 1/3C whole almonds or almond meal
- 1T ground flax seed
- 8 small strawberries (a good handful… get the sweetest ones you can find!)
- 6 large medjool dates (you can sub in prunes here if you are not fond of dates)
- 1t pure vanilla extract
- 1/4t sea salt
- You probably have a food processor… so just dumped everything in and whizz until a soft dough forms. Otherwise, bash it all up in a large pestle & mortar a la Lou.
- Press into silicone cupcake moulds (or similar)
- Pop in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with:
- Approximately 15 small strawberries
- 3t agave syrup
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 1/2t lemon juice
- Roughly chopped raw chocolate (or just regular stuff/cacao nibs) for garnish.
- Smash together first 4 ingredients, spoon on top of the cakes and sprinkle with chocolate.
This would also be delicious drizzled with coconut butter, but alas, I have finished my supply and cannot make more until the return of my machine. Gah.
At least I’m going to be sporting some awesomely pumped up guns from all this pestle pounding.