natural body love update
I thought I’d update you all on my DIY natural beauty experiments. I think I have perfected my pit-paste (home made deoderant)… it works a treat, withstanding the cranking Queensland Summer heat and keeping me smelling sweet. I find if you apply it before you put on your clothes you avoid white marks on your clothes. It doesn’t get greasy at all, and leaves your pits nice and smooth.
Pit Paste Perfection:
- 3t cocoa butter (solid measurement) melted
- 4T arrowroot starch (you can use corn starch, but some people react to it)
- 1t bi carb soda
- 10 drops of an essential oil
- Melt cocoa butter in the microwave (takes about 30 seconds).
- Mix with other ingredients in a small container.
Makes around 1/8C…. depending on the weather it will soften when warm, and harden up when cool.
Another little tip for you interested in going shampoo-free… I have found that oat flour (whole oats ground until super fine in a food processor) is the best as a dry shampoo for me. I found using cornstarch OK, but it’s slightly too powdery, and the oats are less messy. Keeping a little jar of oat flour in the bathroom is a good idea, as you can use it as a face/body scrub as well.
So most of you guessed my latest obsession…. rolling goo up in nori rolls. This is a super quick and easy goo… and it tastes awesome inside seaweed (once you’ve rolled, just let it sit in the fridge for a while before consuming, otherwise the nori is super chewy).
Beanie Pumpkin Spread:
(Vegan, gluten, wheat, nut, seed and cane sugar free)
- 1/2C cooked pumpkin
- 1C cooked chickpeas (white beans would work too)
- 1/4C nutritional yeast
- 1/2t salt
- 1/2t whole grain mustard
- 1T+1t apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1T olive oil
- Lot’s of freshly ground black pepper
- Whizz up everything in a food processor until smooth.
I suppose this is like a pumpkin hummus with nutritional yeast… whatever it is, it’s particularly good inside some seaweed. Now please excuse me while I go yell obscenities at my dog who seems to enjoy barking at nothing.