Misty has gone off meat. Every time I create him some delicious little meaty treat like these, these
he boos them. He does enjoy dropping them from his tray down to Boosty though. Doesn’t seem to give two hoots about feeding premium organic, free range beef to a dog
for Pete’s sake. All he wants are peas. He will pick up each pea individually, oh so carefully examine, then place it in his mouth. Suppose I should be glad he is so taken by the humble pea.
I’m not concerned, it’s not like Misty is fading away or anything. Quite the opposite – Viper describes him as ‘nuggety.’ He’s becoming aware of different tastes, textures and combinations – and works out what he wants and what he doesn’t. I suppose it’s just like any of us going through a food ‘stage’ – getting obsessed with a certain ingredient or flavour, and wanting to eat that all of the time. Like my sweet potato
Any current favourite eats at the moment? Dishes? Ingredients? Combinations?
Anything with cheese or peas will be gobbled down by MIsty – this next recipe is an attempt to broaden his horizons.
Cashew Carrot Curry Cakes:
- 1/4C breadcrumbs (I used millet bread but any bread is fine)
- 1/2C vegetable puree (something starchy works best, I used carrot and sweet potato)
- 1/4C pureed corn kernels
- 3T brown rice flour
- 1/4t curry powder
- 1/8t aluminium free baking powder
- 1/8C sesame seeds
- 1/8C raw cashews
- 1 egg (or 1 flax “egg”)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2t fresh or dried herbs (I used fresh chives and mint)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat a fry pan with a little oil or butter.
- Drop teaspoons full of batter in, and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, sour cream or mashed avacado.
Viper said that all they needed was a pinch of salt and they were adult-worthy. High praise, high praise indeed.
Misty would like to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to a certain HEABlet
who is turning 1 year old today… he happens to have a little bit of an internet crush on her, and heard she was having a special Eric Carle birthday party. He has cracked out his caterpillar in her honour.
He seems to find it quite appetizing. Suppose caterpillar could be considered meat?
Congrats to the HEABies
for getting through that first year.